Specialised and Experienced Solicitors in the Heart of Newcastle
Gillard Family Lawyers is a boutique law firm in Newcastle that specialises in the areas of family law, conveyancing and wills.
We understand the stress and anxiety you feel when you are in the midst of a family law parenting or property matter, when you purchase your first home or when it comes to drafting your will. We focus on giving you practical advice.
Gillard Family Lawyers was started by principal solicitor Michelle Gillard. Michelle has worked in the areas of Family Law, Conveyancing and Wills since completing her Bachelors of Laws. Michelle has completed a Master’s Degree in Family Law and has years of experience attending mediations, conciliation conferences and court appearances.
Michelle Gillard has been admitted to the High Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Supreme Court of Victoria. She is on the New South Wales Legal Aid Solicitors panel. She is also a member of the Family Law Council of Australia, the Law Society of NSW, the Law Society of Newcastle and the Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association.
Solicitors in our Newcastle Office can assist you with:
- Property Settlement.
- Parenting Arrangements.
- Negotiating and drafting of Consent Orders.
- Negotiating and drafting of Parenting Plans.
- Attending Mediation or Conciliation Conferences.
- Representing you at the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court.
- Drafting of Initiating Applications, Responses and Affidavits.
- Child Support and appealing Child Support decisions.
- Family Law Recovery Orders, Locations Orders and Airport Watch List Orders.
- Urgent Family Law Injunctions in relation to property or children.
- Legal Aid Applications.
- Divorce Applications and Hearings.
- Applications for Spousal Maintenance.
- Applications for Sole Occupancy of the family home.
- Contravention applications and hearings.
- Acting as agents for other solicitors in the FCC or FC in Newcastle.
Conveyancing and Wills
- Fixed Fee Conveyancing including buying and selling of property.
- Drafting of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship.
- Probate or Administration of a Deceased Estate.